Are you looking for an opportunity to help lead and grow a talented development team as a web technology leader? Does the prospect of using advanced technologies to build mission-critical and highly scalable services get you excited? If so, you could be our next Web Development Director. In the role, you’ll have the chance to champion a team of UX/UI, Shopify and WordPress developers as they build, enhance, and support our customer-facing web sites.
As an integral part of the Digital Marketing team, you’ll provide technical leadership working closely with all the other functional teams, such as Marketplace, Strategy, Paid Media, Social, Sales and Creative Services, to develop the best possible front-end web pages while maintaining high standards of site quality and performance. This includes building on the agile engineering culture, refining and enforcing development standards and processes, and working with other groups on web development best.
Job Responsibilities: practices.
- Communicate daily with clients and internal teams to set realistic expectations and solve problems
- Lead web development scoping, planning, and technical architecture for all projects involving UX/UI, Shopify and WordPress development.
- Manage a small development team as well as hosting partners and third-party developers (contractors) to ensure technical quality, product quality, and efficient use of resources.
- Take a hands-on development approach to creating new pages and features across the whole stack, with a specific focus on the presentation layer.
- Perform code reviews and provide feedback on all internal and external code.
- Maintain relationships and connections to other teams to ensure that integrations are maintained and enhanced.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement new technology that is beneficial to the digital goals of the organization.
- Perform root cause analysis on product and process deficiencies, and define and implement changes.
- Ensure the web performance and development team is effectively engaged and that products in development match resources available.
- Regularly communicate with the digital marketing leadership, marketing directors, sales leadership, and content staff to discuss direction, strategy, and priority.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- 6+ years of web development, including experience on large-scale web products
- 2+ years managing a development team and technology vendors.
- Strong knowledge of the modern web environment–from the presentation tier (HTML/CSS/OO-JS) through webservers and caching, reasonable knowledge of server-side development including PHP and database development, and the management of hosting infrastructure.
- Desire to work for mission-driven company
- Strong knowledge of Git, CDNs and agile development
- Must also have strong technical, organizational and communications skills, and a passion for user-centered technology
Good Monster is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Company that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We don’t care about your race, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, sexuality, age, citizenship, marital status, disability. As long as you are an honest, empathetic and kind human being (and also a skilled professional) you have all that you need to be a contractor with Good Monster.